Job opportunity for electronics, instrumentation or electrical engineer at ABB in 2020 as Service Engineer. Job location is Kolkata in India. Apply Now
ABB has posted new job opening for Diploma/Bachelor in electronics, instrumentation or electrical engineer on its website career page.Candidates with desired experience and qualification shall apply online for this Job opportunity for electronics, instrumentation or electrical engineer at ABB in 2020.
Position: Service Engineer
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Job type: Full-Time
- Reference Number: IN72192717_E3
- Publication date: 22 May 2020
- Company: ABB
Join ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy .
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
You will be working as Service Engineer you will be a part of the Industrial Automation business for Energy Industries business line based in Baroda. You will be reporting to Service Manager, you will be responsible for Executing Service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. Delivering quality customer service to satisfy customers. In close co-operation with customer and other ABB teams, take actions to identify new Service business opportunities for ABB.
Your Roles & Responsibilities:
- Service delivery : Performing medium to high complex Service tasks like installation , commissioning, maintenance, upgrades and retrofits, repair independently, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories installation and commissioning, maintenance, extensions, replacements, upgrades and retrofit, end of life service etc.
- Customer approach: Ensuring customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer order and expectation. Creating and maintaining a good relationship with customers and understands their needs. Identifies new sales opportunities and takes influence in convincing the client for the complete service portfolio.
- Materials and supply: Coordinating, prepares and ensures that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities. Preparing standard lists for ease of work.
- Documentation and reports: Preparing all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reporting work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed. Create standards or job durations.
- Problem solving: Identifies potential system failures through system tools and diagnostic information and takes corrective actions. Troubleshoots hardware and software problems with the help of his own experience, system documentation and through collaboration with other colleagues. Documents learnings and best practices.
- Operational excellence: Proactively identifies suggestions for product, quality and customer service improvement and discusses them with management for changes
Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma or Graduate engineer in electronics, instrumentation or electrical specialization.
- Required 5-7 years of work experience in Industrial automation, control & instrumentation areas.
- Required Field service / commissioning experience in power or process industries.
- Required Programming, testing and commissioning experience in DCS or PLC systems.
- Experience in any of ABB automation platforms of Advent Master, MOD or 800xA is preferable.
- This position involves extensive travel to customer sites, for service and commissioning activities.
- while caring for your colleagues and the business.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
source: ABB Jobs
To apply for this job please visit new.abb.com.