IBM Recruitment 2020 Engineers in India for Multiple locations in India.
If you possess relevant experience and qualifications then Apply for the IBM Recruitment 2020 Engineers in India online.
Position: Mainframe Systems Programmer
City: Multiple Cities
Category: Technical Specialist
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Position Type: Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract Type: Regular
Company : (0063) IBM India Private Limited
Req ID: 317693BR
Role And Responsibilities:
Who you are
As Mainframe System programmer Specialist, you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
What will you do
- Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements
- Ensure integrity, availability and performance of DB2 zOS systems by providing technical support and maintenance
- Monitor database performance and recommend improvements for operational efficiency.
- Assist in resource planning, space management and data maintenance activities for database system
- Perform database enhancement and modification as per the requirements
- Perform database recovery and backup tasks on daily and weekly basis
- Develop and maintain patches for database environments
- Identify and recommend database techniques to support business needs
- Maintain database security and disaster recovery procedures
- Act as support and an authority for z/OS operating system and system components; provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, and implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to z/OS operating system, network, and component software
- Primary support for assigned ISV products and analyze performance issues.
- Support for technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
- Support for new product installation and evaluation as needed
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems
- Lead daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running
- Aid with identifying problem management trends
Experience and Qualification:
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in Mainframe DB2 Administration environment with work management, user management, journal management and performance management
- Proficient in performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Ability to assist in solutioning of new design and program fixes in databases
- Validated knowledge to recognize complex problems related to functional objectives. Analyze situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes and demonstrable experience on BRMS, Tape management, ATL/VTL for Tape Libraries
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration, and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy, and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason, and science can improve business, society, and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Source: IBM Recruitment 2020
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.