IBM Recruitment 2020 As Mainframe Batch Operations Specialist for Multiple locations in India.
If you possess relevant experience and qualifications then Apply for the IBM Recruitment 2020 As Mainframe Batch Operations Specialist Online.
Position: Mainframe Batch Operations Specialist
City: Multiple Cities
Category: Technical Specialist
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Position Type: Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract Type: Regular
Company : (0063) IBM India Private Limited
Req ID: 316547BR
Role And Responsibilities:
Who you are
As Computer Operator – Mainframe Batch Operations Specialist, you are responsible for monitoring, controlling, and operating complex computer systems, networks, applications, Batch management. and/or Mainframe system in a multi-vendor environment.
What will you do
- Responsible for computer operations environment – operating systems, application systems, terminology, infrastructures, languages, libraries, tools, processes, and procedures
- Monitor and manage critical path processing for all systems in a multi-system environment
- Provide first-level problem diagnosis and resolution using solving procedures to resolve moderately complex problems; they recognize a wide variety of problem conditions and may recognize the customer-base impact and severity of those conditions
- Identify the need for, document, and update department procedures with approval from the manager
- Provide technical support to customers, resolving moderately complex issues/inquiries regarding systems, applications, and data
- Analyzing first level problems as per the service agreements, resolving and routing as appropriate, supporting the Systems Management Processes specific to their client requirements, performing I/O (tape and print) duties where appropriate
Experience and Qualification:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in executing mainframe batch jobs utilizing the ESP scheduling application
- Ability to utilize MVS and JES2 commands to display jobs, queues, lines, and interact with attached hardware/peripherals
- Experience in monitor and update dashboards with an understanding of service level agreements and critical issue
- Demonstrated experience with JCL and restarting failed batch jobs
- Willingness to work in 24/7 shift environment (including nights, weekends and holidays)
- Demonstrable experience in tools like Netview, Control-M, OPS/TWS, CA7, Zeke
- Demonstrated ability in MF skills: z/OS (OS/390) related operation Skill (JES2, VTAM,etc), CICS/ IMS/DB2 zHMC
- Working Knowledge in assembling a SWAT team of technical support people (other levels of support, across platforms as required)
- Experience in Driving restoration plans along with contributing to the outage review or RCA process as required
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration, and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy, and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason, and science can improve business, society, and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Source: IBM Recruitment 2020
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.