Website Metro Trains
Position: Senior Engineer – Train Control & ATS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Are you interested in joining Metro Trains’ Metro Tunnel Team and bringing your wealth of Design Review Engineering experience to support the delivery of Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?
If the answer is “yes”, keep reading! Metro Trains is a proud partner in the delivery of major rail infrastructure projects across Melbourne, including the Metro Tunnel Project. The Metro Tunnel Project will deliver more frequent services for passengers by unlocking the City Loop and introducing new technology and infrastructure that will transform our network.
About the role:
The Metro Tunnel Project is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team assisting each package. The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance and the Tunnels & Stations Public Private Partnership.
Reporting to the Design Review Manager you will be responsible for completing engineering assurance activities on behalf of MTM as ARTO on the Metro Tunnel Project.
As Senior Engineer – Train Control & ATS, you will be working in a collaborative Engineering team reporting to the Engineering Manager. You will be responsible for the provision of design review services and assessment of Type Approval and Engineering Waiver Submissions produced by the MTP Alliances, in accordance with the MTM Design and Technical Review Procedure and Operational Standards. This will include:
- Provision of subject matter expertise in the area of Train Control and ATS systems and their interface to signalling/CBTC and other network control systems
- Review of designs relating to the proposed new train control systems as well as the proposed changes to the existing train control systems and their interface with CBTC/signalling and other network control systems to ensure designs/documentation submitted by different work packages meet the MTM requirements
- Assessment of the migration/deployment strategies for Train Control to assess risk and ensure minimal potential for disruption to the Rail network
- Participation in Design/Safety-in-Design workshops
- Participation in the revision/development of relevant standards relating to Train Control (incl for the new ATS systems being introduced)
- Liaison with stakeholders and other project teams in regards to any train control system related issues
Desired qualifications, skills and experience
- Extensive experience in design and implementation of centralised rail traffic control and communication system(s) using different real time and Unix platforms;
- Experience in ATS principles and designs;
- Experience in Train Control System (TCS) software upgrade;
- Sound knowledge of TCS architecture and associated communications and networking protocols;
- Extensive understanding of railway signalling principles;
- Sound understanding of interface between TCS and signalling systems; and
- Local knowledge of Melbourne metropolitan train network (preferred).
About the opportunity:
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity to build on the career you’ve developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspirations then we want to hear from you! Applications close 08th March 2020.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.metrotrains.com.au.