Position: Track design Expert
Location: Faridabad, India
Level of experience: 02-05 years
Reporting Manger : Lead Track Design Engineer
- To be involved in delivering, checking and controlling P Way / Track design output from feasibility through to detailed design, to include surveys, plain line and S&C renewal design, track lowering schemes, platform extension works, line speed improvement schemes, structural gauging and passing clearance analysis and undertake some Engineering and Project Management activities.
- Assist in the development and mentoring of a growing P-Way / Track team.
- Provision of permanent way design inputs, within own area of experience/knowledge, across aspects of the Company’s activities and commissions
- Checking / vetting designs before issue
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments, work elements and work packages and other design activities
- Undertaking technical tasks in accordance with the Company’s quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Development of working knowledge across aspects of permanent way and contribution to developing the Company’s general capability, breadth and depth of expertise and practices
Specific allocated responsibilities and duties commensurate with individual experience and developmental needs
- Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards (esp RDSO Guidelines), commercial availability and cost of materials
- Man-hour estimating and staff forecasting
- Managing and leading a large project, including Project set-up, developing control-level schedules, progress reporting and project close-out
- Practical field experience
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by Line Manager
Minimum Qualification and experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Min.2 years experience in track deisgn experience for Metro/ Railways
- Professional registration and membership in technical society (optional, would be preferred)
Key Qualities and experience
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Strong team player and effective team leader
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through patience, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Must be able to learn, adopt, understand, and apply new technologies
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
The global leader in public transport infrastructure, SYSTRA has specialised in the mass transit and rail market since 1957. The main shareholders of SYSTRA are SNCF and RATP. Its ambition is to serve emerging needs for collective and sustainable mobility throughout the world. With a presence in 80 countries, SYSTRA manages over 3,000 projects for high-speed systems, traditional rail lines, metros and tramways throughout the world.
Understand better who we are by visiting www.systra.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.systra.com.