Mechanical /Electrical Engineer jobs at Alstom in 2020 as CAD Engineer. Job location for this opening is Singapore. Apply Now
Alstom is hiring Mechanical /Electrical Engineering Degree /Diploma with Industrial Technical Institute Computed Aided Design Certificate or Equivalent for the position of CAD Engineer. It has published this vacancy at its website career page. Job applicants with desired qualification and relevant experience shall apply online for this Mechanical /Electrical Engineer jobs at Alstom in 2020 as CAD Engineer. Job location for this opening is Singapore.
Position: CAD Engineer
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Job Type: Experienced
Contract Type: 24 months Fixed Term Contract
Req ID: 72876
The Thomson-East Coast Line (TEL) is a fully underground and driverless MRT line that connects the Northern and Eastern regions via the Central region and the new downtown. When fully opened, the line will be about 43 km long with 32 stations, running from Woodlands North (TE1) to Sungei Bedok (TE31) via the Thomson, Stevens, Orchard, Marina Bay, Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade and Upper East Coast. The existing Changi Airport Branch of the East West Line (Tanah Merah—Expo—Changi Airport) could be converted to part of the Thomson-East Coast Line depending on the feasibility studies.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
In order to deliver the Changi Airport Branch of the East West Line Alstom seek a CAD Engineer prepare various Mechanical installation drawings required for the project and Electrical Engineering Drawings.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with various Design Managers, CAD Leader, BIM Specialists and other team members to deliver drawings using MicroStation ,Solidworks and other CAD tools
- Develop computer generated drawings, isometrics, details, sections and plans. Drawings will primarily be layout plan and sections but will also include details such as manufacturing details ,interconnection/schematic wiring diagram, equipment mounting and cable tray routings.
- Must be able to read Combined Service Drawings(CSD) from civil contractors, track alignment and various drawings of other System Wide Contractors
- Generate and develop drawings from CSD and Equipment specifications
- Must be able to put the design drawings in paper space with correct scale.
- Must be able to use referencing.
- Must be able to incorporate CAD Standards into the working drawings.
- Provide accurate approximation for BOQ of cable length
- Provide drawing sketches in urgent basis.
- Revise and update drawings based on instructions from client’s Decision Sheets, Design engineer and/or Installation team.
- Assist to review contractor’s submittals related to drawings.
Communicate effectively and work well with other members of the team.
- Liaise and coordinate relevant technical issues with other members of the team including the design office
- Keep Supervisor regularly informed of work status and progress, deviations and any execution concerns
- Perform CAD files housekeeping
ADDITIONAL SCOPE :
- Perform site scoping and drafting of drawings
- Carry out field evaluation and assessment if required
- Assist to coordinate and communicate various issues with stakeholders (contractor, client, partners, etc).
- Provide document control support, database administration, and progress reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Mechanical /Electrical Engineering Degree /Diploma with Industrial Technical Institute Computed Aided Design Certificate or Equivalent
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience in CAD Engineer position in Railway Signalling Industry or Similar Industry, using CAD tools such as Microstation ,Solidworks etc
- Works well under pressure
- Open mindset, able to work in a highly diverse and fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to guide, influence and convince others, while working in an international & diverse organization;
- Autonomous, you have the sense of emergency in order to define priority to deliver as per commitment.
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling, and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact. www.alstom.com
source: alstom Jobs
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.alstom.com.