Cloudant Developer recruitment at IBM 2020 | Apply Now
If you possess relevant experience and qualifications then apply for Cloudant Developer recruitment at IBM 2020 Online.
Position: Cloudant Developer
Category: Software Development & Support
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Position Type: Early Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract Type: Regular
Company : (0063) IBM India Private Limited
Req ID: 309948BR
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide.
At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques, and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Role And Responsibilities:
- We are looking for candidates to perform a DevOps role. This means you both develop the software but are also responsible for keeping the platform and data service running. The services must meet stringent availability targets 24×7 in all data centers across the globe. As a member of the data services team you will join the primary on-call rotation (includes weekends) where you will be the primary responder for day to day operational issues. Working closely with our worldwide teams, this provides a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience with the latest database technologies. You will follow runbooks to resolve such issues and use your troubleshooting and analytical skills to diagnose or troubleshoot platform or Data Service issues.
- The key requirement is to have a passion for developing High quality, Highly Available service. Engineers that have been successful in this area typically have:
- A solid SW Engineering underpinning to understand what High Availability means.
- Embrace the “you develop it, you operate it” culture – which means if it goes wrong you will be called out to fix it.
- Have a passion to keep up to speed with the new technologies in the Agile CICD development process, Cloud, and Data Services space.
- Are great team workers that are willing to turn their hand to whatever the highest priority issue of the day happens to be.
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s in Sofware Engineering, Computer Science, and with 3-12 years of SW Engineering Experience
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with programming languages, Goland, Java, C, NodsJS, Python.
- Experience with continuous delivery( Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Orchestration)
- Experience with development of monitoring in production components
- Experience with troubleshooting systemic or customer issues in production components
- To be collaborative, able to handle responsibility, and love learning new techniques and tools. There is no requirement to be expert in any one language, however knowledge of Go, Java, Python, are useful as well as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Orchestration, and other cloud technologies such as Kubernetes. Specific skills in database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Redis, etc, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra, and/or Apache Kafka would also be useful, but not required.
About Business Unit
IBM Cloud Platform.
The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing IAAS and SAAS services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud Platform is built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Security, and IOT. IBM Cloud platform has a global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration, and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy, and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason, and science can improve business, society, and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.