Career for Bachelor in Engineering at SMRT in 2020 as Senior Manager, Signalling. Job location is in Singapore. Apply Now.
SMRT is hiring Bachelor in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Communications / Telecommunications Engineering. Candidates with desire qualification and experience shall apply online for Career for Bachelor in Engineering at SMRT in 2020.
Position: Senior Manager, Signalling
Job Location: Singapore
Company: SMRT Trains Ltd
Salary: Not Disclosed
To manage a Maintenance Branch in Circle Line (CCL) that provides leadership and maintenance of Signalling (Sig) systems.
Scope of work includes leading a team of about 70 executives and non-executives to carry out Preventive, Corrective, Predictive and Condition-Based Maintenance of both the Sig systems in the CCL network. Besides routine maintenance, the Branch Manager will also work closely with the other operations and maintenance units within CCL, respective Centre of Excellence (CoE) in SMRT (Trains) and other external agencies such as the Land Transport Authority (LTA) and contractors to provide engineering and technical support as well as enhancing system reliabilities.
- To manage the group of supervisory staff and Section/Engineering Maintenance managers to meet the KPIs mandated by the authority and maintain high level of productivity by monitoring & review through:
- Organisation of manpower deployment to match workloads.
- Review of quality procedures, work instructions, task lists to enhance quality, productivity and safety.
- Assessment on in-house works as against the option of contract works to 3rd parties.
- Monthly Branch’s meeting
- To provide technical advice and engineering studies support when necessary to the daily line maintenance activities as well as any improvement works in the system.
- To manage the daily maintenance activities of trackside Sig systems equipment to ensure the smooth operation and high system reliability.
- To propose and manage the implementation of initiatives to improve and enhance all Sig systems service availability and reliability.
- To prepare annual budget and ensure that expenditures are tracked and monitored so that they are within allocated financial budgets for both Capital & Operating accounts.
- To align staff with company Vision, Mission & Core Values through regular communication.
- To ensure compliance of safety procedures and promote safety awareness among the staff.
- To work closely with CCL Maintenance Standards Branch in the review and development of training syllabus for staff competency development. To ensure staff proficient in their individual areas of work and prepare them for career advancement through developing and monitoring staff’s individual development plans.
- To maintain good industrial relations through creating good rapport and regular dialogue with ground staff and union representatives whilst keeping all channels of communication open.
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Communications / Telecommunications Engineering.
- Preferably with at least 8 years of work experience in supervisory position.
Career Level: Senior Manager
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Years of Experience: 8 years
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Specializations: Engineering, Mechanical
SMRT Trains Ltd was incorporated in 1987 and operates the first mass rapid transit system in Singapore. Today, we manage and operate train services on the North-South Line, East-West Line, the Circle Line, the Thomson-East Coast Line, and Bukit Panjang Light Rail Transit. This covers a total rail length of more than 130km and serves more than 3 million commuters daily.
Source: SMRT Career
To apply for this job please visit www.jobstreet.com.sg.