Position: Project Planning Manager- Alstom
Location: Bangalore, India
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE AT ALSTOM:
Responsible to develop and maintain the project schedule (internal and customer schedule) in order to manage efficiently the time commitments of the project (tender, contract or program execution).
- Analyse the schedule management requirements of the Customer (contractual tool, schedule structure, reporting constraints,…),
- Define tender preparation schedule and monitor until the submission of the tender,
- Detail the tender schedule based on Reference Library templates, gap analysis, Metiers commitments, and PXO (Project Metiers organisation such as PIO / Project Industrial Organisation) tender strategy
- Highlight the critical path and risks linked to the project schedule and propose the optimisation & mitigation actions,
- Contribute with the project schedule to the project strategy in compliance with the contractual requirements
- Participate to the definition of the project schedule interfaces with the partners and the Customer,
- Deliver on time all schedule deliverables down to the requested level,
- Estimate the cost of Scheduling management effort.In contract or program execution:
- Define and maintain the Project Time Management Plan
- In case of a multi-Unit project, the lead Unit PrPM co-ordinates the project scheduling community (meetings, MoM…),
- Detail and update the project schedule based on the contractual targets and data provided by all stakeholders,
- Propose the project baseline, and ensure its acceptance (internally and by the Customer)
- Ensure the consistency of all the internal and external Stakeholders commitments, and manages the schedules interfaces,
- Organise and lead periodic project schedule sessions,
- Actively participate to project core team meetings
- Provide a timely updated schedule situation highlighting the gap between the actual and the baseline,
- Focus on early identification of potential delays,
- Prepare schedule and progress reports for Customer or Lead Unit or Partners,
- Provide support to Project Manager on all issues related to projects schedule,
- For Reference Library, develop and maintain the schedule templates,
- Apply the Project Scheduling Process,
- Contribute to the return of experience (REX) and improvements, share best practices.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Engineering Graduate
- Good overall knowledge of railway products and systems
- Agility to juggle with schedules (internal and customer schedules) simulations and various scenarii) and changing project goals.
- Rigorous, structured and sense of anticipation
- Be able to challenge project team and highly proactive in proposing solutions.
- Comfortable in an international and a multi-cultural environment.
- EHS awareness
- Good communication/presentation skill
- People Management skills
- Able to Adapt to a changing hypothesis environment
- Financial Knowledge
EXPERIENCE / SKILL SETs
- Project management and industrial background
- Is used to work with internal processes: Tenders, Projects, Engineering, Industrial, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Quality and their interface.
- Language Skills: Proficient in English language
About Alstom: Alstom create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.alstom.com.