Position: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Developing design drawings, specs, technical reports, Calculations and all other documents for Electro instrumentation and control works of the pump stations of the infrastructure related projects. This includes overall EICA engineering and analysis for new pumps stations, STP’s, RO plants. additions, modifications, equipment specifications and procurement support.
- Drawing requirements includes site plans, plan and elevation views, P& ID, SCADA, control philosophy, detailed layouts, cable containments and shielding.
- TMS designs for the infrastructure roads and tunnels projects.
- Experience in smart city solution i.e. WiFi, BGM_Back ground music, PA_Public Address systems,..etc is an advantage.
- Organize & Attend progress meetings/communications with contractors, consultants and authorities internal departments pertaining to electrical fields handled within the department.
- To attend site visits as and when required.
- To ensure QA/QC is in compliance with specification and requirement of the projects.
- To minimize end users comments and hence ensure clients satisfaction and quality of deliverables.
- Shall perform tasks as assigned by the reporting manager.
- Ensure that the Design meets all relevant Codes and Standards.
- Review of Contractor shop drawings and materials submittals.
- Liaise with other related disciplines and co-ordinate work with them.
- Prepare design schedules and assist in preparation of design budgets.
- Review design work or studies being carried out by others.
- Manage consents and approvals. Monitor and report progress.
- Provide support to Field Engineering to resolve Contractor Technical Queries.
- 8 years minimum experience in a similar capacity
- Experience in pumping stations, ancilliary buildings, STP (sewerage treatment plant) and RO (reverse osmosis)
- Hands on experience in SCADA Controls and Instrumentation and Electrical Design
- Experience in ICT – Information, Communication and Technology network will be advantageous
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
To apply for this job please visit aecom.jobs.