ABB jobs in India As Power System Design Engineer – PG HVDC. The Job location will be Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
If you possess relevant experience and qualifications then apply online for ABB jobs in India As Power System Design Engineer – PG HVDC.
Position: Power System Design Engineer – PG HVDC
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Job Type: Full-Time
Publications Date: 2020-06-02
Job Id: IN75015542_E1
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing Harmonic Filter design and its rating studies for HVDC projects.
- Supporting the team on HVDC converter design and preparing requirement specification of the filter equipments.
- Selecting, sizing and integration of equipment based on customer functional specification.
- Understanding and design of Electrical Power Systems and controls.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master of Engineering in Power Systems or any related discipline.
- 5-10 Years of experience in the relevant field.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Systems studies and modelling of electrical network.
- Knowledge on IEC/IEEE standards is preferred.
- Understanding application of Power Electronics in HV/EHV system like HVDC and FACTS is preferred.
- Proven skills in using computers as a calculation tool.
- Experience of power system simulation tools such as EMTDC /PSCAD and calculations in Matlab / Mathcad.
- Strong interpersonal communication skill, Fluent English.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Systems equipment and their purpose, such as Power Transformers, Capacitors, Reactors, Instrument Transformer and measuring equipment, Circuit Breakers, Disconnector, Surge Arrester etc.
About the Company:
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Source: ABB Jobs
To apply for this job please visit new.abb.com.